June 08, 2013

Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter cookies are one of my all time favorite cookie. Add chocolate chips to them and they go over the edge of yumminess. I made these using Pamela's Baking Mix because I love how the almond flour works in the recipe. You can use any gluten free baking mix you like best. Just remember to make adjustments if it doesn't include salt or baking powder or baking soda.  Below I will post my go to homemade mix when I make other types of cookies just in case you don't have any gluten free flour mix on hand.


Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Chip
Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients:
2 cups Pamela's Baking Mix
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbs butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips


Directions:
Cream peanut butter, butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla mix until combined. Stir in the gluten free baking mix. If at this point the dough looks way too wet (it will be wetter than traditional dough) then add about a tablespoon or so of flour mix. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop out balls of dough and placed on a parchment lined cookie sheet a few inches apart to allow for spreading. I use my sweeping cookie scoop here.  With a fork dipped in sugar, press down making criss-cross marks on the top of each ball. Bake in a 350F degree oven for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven. I like to turn my pan 180 degrees around 5 minutes in to ensure even cooking. This makes 1 dozen large cookies.



Notes:
Alternate gluten free flour blend: 1 cup plus 1 TBS brown rice flour, 1/3 cup corn or potato starch (both have worked for me), 3 TBS tapioca flour. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute all the flours. For this recipe you will also need 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt.
Parchment paper is so important when baking especially gluten free it keeps everything from sticking to the pan and makes clean up a whole lot easier. It is so worth the investment. Remember, parchment paper is not the same as wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...